Urban Beauty Express Salon Kuilsriver Beauty Tips
Urban Beauty Express Salon Kuilsriver presents
10 Beauty Mistakes You Are Making
Our team of talented beauticians at Urban Beauty Express Salon Kuilsriver have decided to put this list of 10 beauty mistakes most of our clients are making. We all understand that you get into your routines. You know the routines we’re talking about: wake up, get coffee, put on the same makeup in the same way you have been doing it for years, throw on a go-to outfit, and get out the door. Whatever version of this routine you are currently stuck in could be seriously hindering your beauty potential!
What was working for you years ago could now either be off-trend or maybe just age-inappropriate. Some of the most common beauty mistakes are quick fixes and can take you from a plain Jane to a smokin’ Betty, stat. Read on to discover 10 beauty mistakes you are making and how to fix them.
1. Over-plucked eyebrows. If you want to make a drastic improvement in the overall look of your face, see a professional. Getting the right brow shape can be hard if you are stuck in your ways, so seeing someone who can look at your face objectively and help guide you is priceless.
2. Washing your hair too much. Never underestimate the power of dry shampoo. Not only can it extend the life of your blowout, but not washing your hair every day is just healthier for your hair! Try to go three days between washes if possible.
3. Skipping base coat. When painting your nails at home, using a base coat is a must. Not only does it help your polish stay on longer and go on more smoothly, it keeps polish from staining your actual nails, too.
4. Overdoing it with foundation. If you have problem skin, use concealer and a small brush to cover up each individual blemish after foundation is applied, then set with powder. If you have nice skin overall, less really is more. Let that beautiful skin shine through a light tinted moisturizer, which will just even out the tone.
5. Shimmer overload. Unless you are going to a disco party, there is no place where shimmery shadow, lip gloss, and bronzer should be used. Stick to shimmer in key places. We like to use a slightly shimmery highlighter on the top of our cheekbones and on the brow bone.
6. Skipping primer. Just like we said about base coat for nail polish, primer lays the ground for a smooth, flawless layer of foundation and helps it to last all day.
7. Neglecting your brushes. We use our brushes countless times a month and how many of us are washing them? Not enough. There are many brush cleaners on the market, but a thorough washing with baby shampoo is just as effective. Aim for cleaning your brushes weekly, but anything is better than months of bacteria buildup.
8. Eyeliner around the entire eye. Lining your entire eye with liner can actually close off your eye, making it appear smaller. Instead, use liner on your upper lid and sparingly (if at all) on your lower lash line. You can substitute a swipe of shadow on the outer corner of the lower lash line to balance your makeup look.
9. Choosing the wrong foundation. We all know to carry our foundation down and blend into our neck, right? But choosing the right foundation means more than color. Make sure you match your skin type as well. Try to stay matte if you have oily skin and go for a dewy finish if you have dry skin.
10. Not giving your hair a break. Like we mentioned in number two, not washing your hair so often is a must. Not only that, try to avoid heat styling your hair every day. On rest days, throw your hair in a chic top bun for variety and hair therapy in one!
If you would like to know more about how to really bring your inner beauty out, give our salon a call today!