Urban Beauty Academy
Certificate in Beauty Specialists
Urban Beauty Academy offers an exceptional Beauty Specialist programme, allowing students to walk away with a Services SETA Certificate in Beauty Therapy.
The course information below is separated by each certification and outline in accordance with the institution of accreditation.
FET CERTIFICATE: BEAUTY SPECIALISTS
- Service SETA Level 2 Beauty Specialists SAQA 80646
Urban Beauty Academy offers a certificate in Beauty Specialist Course level 2 and. Having met all assessment and moderation requirements and certification endorsed by the Services SETA, our students are in possession of accredited educational qualifications when they exit that will be recognized both nationally and internationally.
The Beauty Specialists qualification allows access to students after Grade 9 and/or Post-Matric. The primary purpose of this qualification is to empower students with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to succeed in the beauty industry. These qualifications lay the foundation for lifelong learning as well as creating the opportunity for further education.
The course meets the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) criteria and standards in terms of duration and structured work placement. The success of this placement ensures that students have relevant industry exposure during their studies. This equips them with all the relevant theoretical, practical and reflexive skills and competencies that make them marketable for employment or becoming self-employed. These qualifications simultaneously provide the required fundamental learning to access related studies at further education
level. After qualification and the required industry hours the student will have access into the Beauty Industry.
Upon successfully completing this course you will become a qualified Beauty Specialist with general skills and specializing in specific areas of choice. You will be proficient in the skills offered in this course and will be qualified to supply services in:
- Setting up a salon
- Beauty Therapist
- Nail Technician
- Massage therapist
- Professional Customer Care
- Salon Reception Duties
- Trainers and lectures
- Sales representative
- Cruise Liners
Your qualification will open doors for you and allow you to fulfill on opportunities in the beauty industry.
Certificate for Beauty Specialists
- These Services SETA accredited are offered on a full-time basis.
This qualification is for learner who wants to work within the beauty industry. This qualification consists of the following:
- Salon Reception and administration
- Deportment and Image in the work place
- Health and Hygiene
- Consultation techniques – to include understanding the needs of the client and when not to treat them, contra indications, referral procedures explaining possible contra action and providing after and home care advice.
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology of the body
- Holistic Massage – includes consultation, identifying skin types, general body types, common postural faults and contra indications, selecting suitable massage mediums.
- Classical massage movements and adapting the treatment to clients specific needs.
- Perform a manicure and pedicure service-includes nail care, consultation, exfoliation and painting
- Apply liquid and powder enhancement
- Perform specialized manicure and pedicure services
- Waxing – includes removal of facial and body hair using hot and cold methods.
- Care of the Eyebrow and Eyelashes – includes shaping and lash and brow tinting
- Care of the skin- includes consultation, skin analysis, cleansing, exfoliation, facial massage and the use of face masks
- The learner will also develop knowledge about related health and safety, client care and communication which is essential to work and be successful in the beauty industry
Learners do need a matric (Grade 12) certificate but the minimum age requirement will be 16 years of age/ Grade 9 or equivalent for entry into Level 2
Learners need to contact the academy to book an enrolment interview with the director where all the course and procedure will be explained to the learner and sponsor. Online enrolments can also be accepted.
- Students must meet the personality profile of a prospective Beauty Therapy Candidate.
- Students must be physically fit.
Students will be required to undergo an individual interview process to asses suitability prior to acceptance.
- 1 year full time (enrollments twice a year: March and August)
- Part time courses available- enquire for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org