Our team at Urban Beauty Academy have put this article together to highlight some of the options that a career in beauty therapy can offer our academy graduates. Firstly it is wise to choose a career that gives you several job options in the same field. If you are interested in a career in beauty therapy, here are some options you can consider:
- Nail technician
- Make-up artist
- Spa manager
- Lash and brow specialist
- Skincare specialist
To determine which career would suit you best, you can have a look at the various job descriptions for beauty therapists to see what each one entails.
Where do beauty therapists work?
- Beauty spas
- Cosmetics departments of large stores
- Specialist beauty product stores
- Clients’ homes
- Colleges or beauty schools (as beauty therapy teachers)
Advantages of a career in beauty therapy
- Depending on where you work, you may have flexible working hours.
- You are able to work anywhere, and you do not necessarily have to be confined to one place. You also have the option of doing house calls.
- It can be financially rewarding if you are good at what you do, and there will always be a demand for beauty therapists. Many women like to get pampered, and are willing to spend money on beauty treatments.
- You do not need to undergo intensive training to start out in the field of beauty therapy.
- There is room for career growth: you can become a salon manager or owner, or you can decide to work as a freelance beautician.
Urban Beauty Academy is an accredited training institution that prides itself on training beauty therapists that will thrive in the market place. If you are serious about a career in beauty, then please do not hesitate to contact us today for more information on when our next in take is happening. Let us guide you to a career of success and glamour within the world of beauty.